Welcome back to our series of the best Last Epoch builds. In this article, we’ll be going through one of the most powerful Last Epoch builds and that is, the Last Epoch Beastmaster Build. Similar to our previous entry in the series- The Ultimate Last Epoch Lich Build, this build focuses on taking out bosses as well as minions.
Let’s dive right in:
Last Epoch Beastmaster Build
The Beastmaster is one of the master classes belonging to the Primalist base class. Loved by new and old players alike, this class packs a lot of punch. In this Last Epoch Beastmaster Build, the focus will be on stacking Aspect of the Boar, Aspect of the Shark, Aspect of the Lynx, and Aspect of the Viper. Emphasis will also be laid on the attack speed which will result in maximum potency of Aspect of the Shark. Scroll on to find out the exact configuration of one of the best Last Epoch builds.
Swipe: This is going to be the main DPS skill moving forward with the Beastmaster build. The main reason for going with this skill is that it comes with additional attack speed which is in perfect harmony with the core aspect of this build. The other reason is that the alternative- Serpent Strike, is not feasible because it requires players to equip a polearm, and this build uses dual wield.
- Aspect of the Panther[4/4] – Increases damage per hit by stacking Aspect of the Panther. A maximum of 8 stacks can be used at a time.
- Wild Calling[1/3] – This node gives players a 15% chance to summon 3 Spirit Wolves upon a successful hit.
- Feline Hunter[1/1] – This node results in increased Global Attack Speed and Global Cast Speed.
- Maul[1/2] – Increases melee damage by 20%.
- Ambush[3/8] – Increases Global Critical Chance by a whopping 75%.
- Apex Predator[4/4] – Increases Global Critical Strike Multiplier by 100%
- Way of the Hunt[2/8] – An essential ability, Way of the Hunt allows players to increase hit damage by 10% and leech 4% of the damage dealt as health.
- Wengarian Reach[4/4] – This node will increase damage by 20% while increasing hit area by 100%.
Summon Frenzy Totem: The Summon Frenzy Totem skill will primarily be used to increase the critical damage, critical chance, and increase the number of companions. It will also increase the amount of melee damage that they deal. The skill will also provide Frenzy to these companions in order to increase their attack speed.
- Grounded[5/5] – In addition to summoning the Frenzy Totem in front of players, Grounded also decreases mana cost while increasing melee physical damage.
- Dig In[1/1] – Tethers players to the Frenzy Totem. This node also increases damage while tethered by 100%.
- Dig Deep[5/5] – Increases Critical Chance While Tethered by 250%.
- Rabidity[4/4] – Increases effectiveness of Frenzy Totem, i.e it increases the Frenzy effect by 40%.
- Bestial Energy[4/4] – Increases companion melee damage by 16 points.
- Lead The Pack[1/5] – This node increases players’ and their companions’ critical chance while wolves are howling. All of this happens when the Frenzy Totem is active.
Entangling Roots: The reason we are using Entangling Roots in this Last Epoch Beastmaster Build is to increase damage, increase healing, and increase a bit of poison damage. The ability also boosts the attack speed of the wolves.
- Nourish[5/5] – This node will heal allies for 50 points per second when Entangling Roots is active.
- Imbued Sap[3/3] – Allies within the reach of Entangling Roots will deal an additional 90% damage.
- Grove Master[3/3] – Entangling Roots area of effect will increase by 90%.
- Venomous Pack[5/5] – Allies within the reach of Entangling Roots will have a 150% chance to poison foes.
- Frenzy Roots[3/3] – This will increase the Attack Speed, Cast Speed, and Move Speed of allies by 36% each.
- Memories of Spring[1/1] – An important node, Memories of Spring will allow allies to retain their buffs for 3 seconds, even after Entangling Roots has disappeared.
Summon Wolf: The backbone of the entire config, Summon Wolf is what makes this build the best Last Epoch build. The wolves deal an insane amount of damage, maybe even more than the players themselves. This skill will be set up in order to attain the maximum attack speed.
- On The Hunt[5/5] – Increases the Move Speed and Attack Speed of Wolves by 50%.
- Howl of Might[1/4] – This node results in more damage as well as dodge rating. The bonus is tripled if the Wolves have howled recently.
- Safety in Numbers[1/1] – Number of Wolves that can be summoned is equal to the maximum number of companions.
- Savage Hunter[2/5] – Increases the damage Wolves deal by 30%. It also works with other damage multipliers.
- Victory Howl[1/3] – A 10% chance that Wolves howl upon a successful kill.
- Snarl[2/2] – A 4% chance for Wolves to howl when a player kills an enemy. This node also increases melee damage by 100% to everyone who is affected by the howl.
- Tundra Stalkers[3/5] – Wolves deal 6% more cold damage and Stun Chance is increased by 60%.
Fury Leap: One of the best movement skills, Fury Leap will help players move around with exceptional mobility and tear through enemies. Even though you can choose basically any other skill instead of Fury Leap, it is highly recommended. It also increases attack speed and provides damage buff. Another good ability that this skill provides is to keep all your companions together and prevent them from wandering off.
- Warrior’s Entrance[7/7] – An uncanny node, this increases damage by 105% when players land after a leap. It lasts for 3 seconds.
- Rage[3/3] – Upon successful landing, Global Attack Speed and Global Cast Speed is increased by 30%.
- Pack Leader[1/1] – This node makes companions leap with you.
- Ambush predator[5/5] – Fury Leap results in a 175% increase in damage to enemies with full health.
- Crater[2/4] – Fury Leap impact area is increased by 70%.
- Savage Impact[1/6] – A 12% increase in Hit Damage.
- Primal Strength[5/8] – A node which results in 20% Increased Health Regeneration and a 5 unit increase in Strength.
- Harmony of Blades[1/1] – Allows players to equip Axes and Swords in Offhand. The damage taken while dual-wielding is reduced by 12%.
- Primal Medicine[4/6] – Minions deal increased damage(20%) and potions heal Minions as well(200%).
- Survival of the Pack[6/6] – This results in 30% increased melee damage, 3% melee damage leeched as health, increased minion melee damage by 30%, and minion melee damage leeched as health by 3%.
- Tempest Bond[4/8] – A 16% increase in Physical Damage, Cold Damage, and Lightning Damage. These values are doubled when players have a minion.
- Barkskin[10/10] – All points poured into this node for a 100 units increase in Health as well as armor.
Primalist Master: Beastmaster
- Ursine Strength[4/8] – Increases damage by 4 units and reduces damage taken from nearby enemies by 8%.
- Savagery[1/8] – A 7% increase in Melee Damage and Minion Melee Damage.
- Lamprey Teeth[6/6] – A 9% increase in Melee Damage Leeched As Health and Minion Melee Damage Leeched As Health. A 120% increase in Minion Health leech.
- Ambush[1/8] – Increases next melee attack damage by 25% and also grants Aspect of The Shark.
- Boar Heart[4/5] – Players are granted Aspect of The Boar when hit. This decreases damage taken by 15%. The effect lasts for 4 seconds with a two-second cooldown in between.
- Porcine Constitution[5/5] – This grants additional damage reduction by 15% and increased health regeneration by 75%.
- Primal Strength[2/5] – A 2 point increase in strength with an 8% increased chance to trigger Aspect of the Boar on a successful melee hit.
- Axe and Claw[2/5] – Increase in Physical Damage and Minion Melee Physical damage by 4 units.
- Rending Maw[1/5] – A 20% chance to armour shred in Aspect of the Shark.
- Hunters of the Deep[4/4] – A 60% increase in the duration of Aspect of the Shark. Companions gain Aspect of the Shark as well.
- The Circle of Life[5/5] – A 25% chance to trigger Aspect of the Shark upon killing. A 35 unit health gain on killing.
- Dragon Slayer[1/1] – On kill effects of Circle of Life can be triggered when hitting rares and bosses.
- Ocean Maw[8/8] – A 120% increase in Aspect of the Shark effect and duration.
- Feeding Frenzy[1/1] – Allows players to stack Aspect of the Shark but the effect is reduced by 60%.
- Primal Aspects[10/10] – A 100% increase in Aspect Buff duration.
- Cry of the Lynx[4/8] – A 20% increase in Critical Strike Chance. Aspect of the Lynx duration is increased to 4 seconds. When active, Aspect of the Lynx grants 100% critical chance and 100% stun chance.
- Serrated Claws[6/6] – A 60% increase in Critical Multiplier, Companion Critical Multiplier, and Aspect of the Lynx Critical Multiplier.
- Critical Bite[5/5] – Critical strikes when Aspect of the Lynx is active also leech damage as health(15%)
- Force of Nature[1/1] – Increases Maximum Companions by 1.
- Viper Fangs[10/10] – A 30% chance to grant Aspect of the Viper which increases Melee Attack Speed as well as Companion Melee Attack Speed by 50%. It also gives 100% increased chance to poison on hit and 100% increased damage over time.
Idols: The recommended idol is the Huge Nomad Idol that increases Aspect of the Lynx Effect and Aspect of the Shark Effect by 17% and 18% respectively.
- Deicide Sword(2)
- Shamanic Garb
- Artor’s Legacy(Unique Item)
- Jade Amulet
- Bronze Belt
- Turquoise Ring
- Radiant Crest
- Solarum Greaves
- Solarum Bracers
The Last Epoch Beastmaster build focuses on using minions as well as companions to their maximum capability. The reason it works so well is because the attack speed is increased phenomenally. Even though the amount of base damage is not the highest, the rapid attacks burn through enemy health. The build has been customized for the 0.8c patch and is one of the best Last Epoch builds currently.
If you are just a bypasser and you are hearing about Last Epoch for the first time, be sure to check out the games steam page.
Additional Last Epoch Articles