Looking for a Last Epoch Lich build that deals damage by the million? Look no further.
Developer Eleventh Hour Games’ Kickstarter funded hack ‘n slash RPG Last Epoch has garnered a loyal fanbase. This is mostly due to its intricate game mechanics and fun gameplay. One of the most interesting aspects of the game is deciding on a build and theory-crafting. With players having access to a plethora of Classes and Sub-classes, it’s difficult to give a definitive answer to which is the best Last Epoch build. But there are some builds that will serve you the best during battle. One of these is the Lich Build which shall be covered extensively in this article.
Welcome to our guides series for Last Epoch builds, and this time we will focus on the Lich build.
Let’s dive right in
Last Epoch Lich Build
The Lich master class has been a community favorite ever since the game was released in early access. The Lich Build that will be covered in this article will focus on stacking damage as well as employing the use of Wandering Spirits to take out hordes of enemies as quickly as possible. There is a good reason behind why this is one of the best Last Epoch Builds.
Drain Life: In this build, Drain Life will serve as the primary DPS increasing skill as well as result in the summoning of additional Wandering Spirits. Here is what the distribution of points in the skill tree will look like.
- Empowered Drain[4/5] – This node will increase the raw damage output of Drain Life.
- Lay Waste[1/1] – Although this will disable the Leech Life effect, the node will significantly increase damage output(100%).
- Blood Pact[1/1] – This will make Drain Life use Health instead of Mana but we shall make up for this loss in later Skill Trees. Players will be able to use Drain Life indefinitely thanks to it.
- Virulence[1/1] – The Virulence ability will convert base Necrotic Damage to Poison Damage which will be stacked. This will result in higher damage over time.
- Thought Steal[2/3] – Though it has no use in the build itself, it is needed to unlock additional two nodes that we require.
- Condemnation[4/4] – One of the most important nodes, Condemnation will apply 4 stacks of Damned each second. With Damned, players will deal an extra 25 base necrotic damage(per stack) as well as reduce enemy health regeneration by 20%.
- Unholy Mass[2/3] – Working in tandem with Condemnation, Unholy Mass will crease damage by 3% per stack of Damned(on enemies affected by it).
- Word Of Conviction[2/3] – Increases the duration of Damned.
- Eternal Servitude[3/3] – This will allow players to have 15 more Wandering Spirits when using Drain Life.
Death Seal: A major skill in the Lich Build, Death Seal will cause a manifold increase in damage as well as the duration of Wandering Spirits. Proper node distribution is imperative to make the most of this build.
- Necrosis[2/3] – Similar to Thought Steal, this is required to unlock other useful nodes.
- Entreat The Damned[3/3] – Increases the duration of Wandering Spirits,
- Moratorium[3/3] – A node that will increase the duration of Death Seal. Very important.
- Corrupted Consciousness[5/5] – The lower the health, the more damage players will inflict.
- Desperate Shroud[3/3] – Provides armor and stun protection for every 10 points of health lost. This means that players using this build will have 1200 armor thanks to Deadlock.
- Pustulent Presence[2/4] – Increases the Global Poisoning Chance per 3% of missing health.
- Deadlock[1/1] – This node will reduce health by 33% but it will help players because Corrupted Consciousness is active.
Reaper Form: Users of this build will prefer to stay in Reaper Form as it will significantly increase the amount of damage as well as increased Leech amount. Nodes will be centered around reducing Health Decay and boosting damage.
- Mistress Of Decay[4/4] – An essential node that decreases the rate of health decay while increasing the damage over time.
- Harbinger Of Blood[4/4] – Increases Healing Effectiveness while also increasing the amount of health players Leech by damaging enemies.
- Soul For A Soul[4/4] – A node that increases damage by 80% but at the same time reduces Healing Effectiveness.
- Reaper’s Curse[4/4] – Increases damage as well as critical chance but players lose health when an enemy is killed.
- Death’s Door[4/4] – This node will increase Reap damage by 4% per missing unit of health. Increased damage at low health.
Wandering Spirits: The quintessential skill in this Last Epoch Lich Build, Wandering Spirits is what makes the build so powerful and places it high in the ranking of the best Last Epoch builds. Nodes are mostly centered around increasing the efficiency and damage of the spirits.
- Souls Of Rage[2/4] – Increased Spirit movement speed and damage output.
- Spectral Putrescence[1/1] – Node results in a 40%% chance to hit enemies with Spectral Putrescence- a projectile which has 100% chance of poisoning enemies.
- Soul Of Filth[3/3] – Increases the frequency of Spectral Putrescence.
- Spectral Scorn[2/4] – Allows Spirits to cast Spectral Putrescence from longer distances.
- Lingering Souls[4/4] – Increases the duration of Spirits.
- Spirit Swarm[3/3] – Decreases Spirit cooldown time but at the cost of increased Mana usage.
- Thin Veil[5/5] – Increases the reveal rate of Wandering Spirits by 35%.
Sprit Plague: A skill that will drastically increase damage over time while applying bleed and poison to enemies.
- Pestilence[5/5] – A 75% increase in Global Damage over time. This only applies to enemies affected by the Spirit Plague.
- Hemorrhage[3/3] – Applies a bleeding effect to enemies inflicted by the Spirit Plague.
- Plague Burst[1/3] – Increases the chance to spread Spirit Plague when inflicting an enemy.
- Hindering Affliction[1/3] – Inflicted enemies get slowed down.
- Efficacious Application[1/5] – Decreases the mana cost while increasing the duration of Spirit Plague.
- Toxic Transmission[2/2] – Enemies affected by the Spirit Plague get inflicted with the poisoning effect as well.
- Plague Bearer[1/1] – Targets get inflicted with Plague as well which deals additional poison damage.
- Queen Of Plagues[2/3] – Increases the effectiveness of the Plague effect by 100%.
- Endless Decay[1/3] – The Plague effect lasts longer with this node.
- Blood Aura[8/8] – This results in a 48% increase in Damage and Minion Damage.
- Blood Pact[5/5] – A node that increases Damage by 60% at the cost of losing 5% of health each second if players have killed an enemy recently(last 4 seconds).
- Forbidden Knowledge[8/8] – An essential node that increases Intelligence by 8 units while also increasing Necrotic Resistance by 24%.
Acolyte Mastery: Lich
- Crippling Insight[8/8] – Increases Intelligence by 16 Units at the cost of 40% Reduced Health Regeneration.
- Survival Of the Cruel[8/8] – Increases health by 40 units.
- Dance With Death[8/8] – A 40% increase in damage which triples at low health.
- Desolation[1/8] – Node which gives a 7% increase in Damage as well as Minion Damage.
- Lasting Stench[8/8] – Increases Poison Damage as well as Poison Duration by 56%.
- Unclosing Wounds[8/8] – Results in a 112% increased damage at the cost 8% health drainage per second.
- Three Plagues[6/10] – An 18% increase in Physical, Necrotic, and Poison Penetration respectively.
- Contagion Engine[5/5] – Increase in Damage Over Time after having killed an enemy in the last 4 seconds.
- Decaying Form[10/10] – Node results in a 130% increased chance for Poisoning enemies at the cost of taking 30% increased Poison Damage.
- Ageless Ascetic[5/5] – An ability which results in 5%- Increased Attack Speed, Increased Cast Speed, Increased Movespeed, and Increase in Damage Leeched as Health on Hit.
- Soul Maw[5/5] – Provides a 5% increase in Damage Leeched as Health and a 25% increase in Health Leech.
- Mind Over Body[10/10] – This node equips players with an extra 20 units of intelligence by compromising on an increased Health Drain per second(10%).
- Corrosive Consciousness[8/8] – A 56% increase in both Spell Damage as well as Damage Over Time.
Idols: You can use any kind of idols as long as they complement the build. It is recommended that players use idols that increase damage when transformed as well as increase spell damage on low health. Apart from that, idols which increase health are also a good choice.
Unique Items: These aren’t a necessity but are useful to have in your inventory. Some recommendations include- Plague Bearer’s Staff, Soulfire, Vipertail, and Chimaera’s Essence.
Crafted Items: Again, something which is purely based on personal preference but the items listed below will complement the build perfectly:
- Profane Hood
- Profane Robes
- Silver Ring
- Bronze Belt
- Heoborean Boots
- Engraved Gauntlets
The Lich build described above focuses on taking out hordes of enemies while quickly defeating single bosses as well. The build concentrates on increasing damage over time and employing the maximum use of poison attacks. The build was designed while keeping in mind the changes in Patch 0.8 and is undoubtedly one of the best Last Epoch builds of 2020.
The Last Epoch Lich Build is the first guide in a series of builds which we will upload over the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more. If you stumbled on this article by accident and you are hearing about Last Epoch for the first time, you can look it up on the games steam page
Additional Last Epoch Articles